The Library of Virginia is pleased to sponsor the 11th Annual People’s Choice Awards!
Winners will be announced at the 17th Annual Library of Virginia Literary Awards at the Library of Virginia. Awards are given for the best fiction and nonfiction books published in the past year by Virginia authors; in the case of nonfiction, books on a Virginia subject are eligible.
The winners will be chosen by public vote from among five finalists in each category. Readers may vote in public libraries or online at the Library of Virginia’s website, www.lva.virginia.gov/public/litawards/vote.asp. Voting for the People’s Choice Awards runs through June 30, 2014.
Please vote for only one book in each category.
The fiction finalists are:
- King and Maxwell by David Baldacci
- Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
- Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina
- Guests on Earth by Lee Smith
- The Impersonator by Mary Miley
The nonfiction finalists are:
- Wilson by A. Scott Berg
- Rot, Riot, and Rebellion: Mr. Jefferson’s Struggle to Save the University That Changed America by Rex Bowman and Carlos Santos
- The Bohemian Love Diaries by Slash Coleman
- The Feud: The Hatfields and McCoys, The True Story by Dean King
- Appomattox: Victory, Defeat, and Freedom at the End of the Civil War by Elizabeth R. Varon
Winners will be announced on October 18, 2014, at the 17th Annual Library of Virginia Literary Awards Celebration presented by Dominion and the Richmond Times-Dispatch.